IgNS mandates a three-year recertification period to ensure that the IgCP® is exposed to developments within the field. This assures the public that the IgCP® provides the best possible infusion therapy because they have kept abreast of technological and clinical advances.
IgCP® policies and procedures for recertification are strictly enforced. It is recommended that IgCP®’s begin accumulating recertification units before the final year of the certification period.
Term of Certification
The IgCP® credential becomes effective 30 days after successful passing of the exam. IgCP® certification remains current through that date, two years thereafter.
Recertification units must be earned within each recertification period. Units cannot be carried over.
IgNS provides recertification reminders. However, it remains the professional responsibility of the IgCP® to meet recertification requirements within published deadlines.
Recertification Eligibility Requirements
All recertification applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
• A current, active, unrestricted Registered Pharmacist (RPh) license in the United States or Canada.
• A minimum of 1,000 hours of experience in infusion therapy as a Pharmacist within the past two years.
Recertification by Examination
Take the IgCP® examination during your final year of certification.
Recertification by Continuing Education
Other Recertification Options
Along with at least 20 IgNS National Conference recertification units, up to 20 recertification units can be submitted from a combination of any of the following options to complete the 40 recertification units required to recertify.
Publish a manuscript on Ig therapy in a peer-reviewed journal
• For each manuscript published on the topic of Ig therapy in a peer-reviewed journal, the author/s is eligible for five recert units.
• A maximum of 10 recert units can be applied to a certification period.
Present as a speaker at an IgNS National Conference
• An IgCN® is eligible for four recert units for each contact hour presented.
• A maximum of eight recert units can be applied to a certification period.
Complete continuing educational courses from the IgNS online Educational Resources Center
• An IgCN® is eligible for one recert unit for each contact hour presented.
• Up to 20 recert units can be applied to a certification period.
Teach Ig infusion therapy-related education programs
• Teachers/instructions of Ig infusion therapy-related programs are eligible for one recert unit per contact hour taught.
• A maximum of five recert units can be applied to a certification period.
• CE credit must be awarded for the program.
• The program must be related to one of IgCN® clinical content areas.
• Repeated presentations of the same program will not be awarded multiple credits.
• Program outlines and objectives, date, and CE credit provider’s name must be submitted with the recertification application.
Publish a chapter or edit an Ig infusion-related book
• For publication of a chapter or editing an Ig therapy-related book, the author/s can receive six recert units.
• A maximum of six recert units can be applied to a certification period.
• The book’s reference information, including author, year, title, and publisher information must be submitted with the recertification application.
Present a Scentific Poster
• For each unique poster that is presented at an IgNS National Conference or other conference will receive 2 recertification units.
• A maximum of 4 recert units can be applied to a certification period.
Attendance at non-IgNS educational meetings
• If the sponsoring organization* has submitted its program for approval by IgNS, attendance at non-IgNS educational meetings can qualify for a maximum of five recertification units per certification period.
• The program’s certificate must be submitted with the recertification application.
Other Approved Recertification Units
A maximum of 10 recert units from participation in other educational offerings that have been approved for recert units through IgNS can be applied to a certification period. Multiple submissions of the same offering are not accepted.