After the completion of this activity, the participant should be able to:
- Understand that PID is not rare in the geriatric age group and maybe difficult to diagnose and be able to define the aging population
- Understand that aging normally causes deterioration and lose of immune functions.
- Understand the demographic and geographic trends of aging population
- Understand the considerations of Ig therapy in regards to dosing, routes of administration, adverse reactions and other risks in geriatric patients
- Recognize the collaborative practice model to provide optimal patient care.
Roger H. Kobayashi, MD, MS
Ethan Huynh, PharmD, BCGP
Nursing 1 contact hour
ACPE 1 contact hour
AAFP 1 contact hour
1 IgCN® / IgCP® Recertification Units