Ig Nurse Educator
Required Credentials for Position
BSN, IgCN certified
The IG nurse educator provides clinical field-based support to execute the Immunology/Neurology Marketing plans through the development and execution of educational programs. This position will cover the central region, including the states of North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Iowa, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Ohio and Michigan. Due to the travel required for the position and target audience of our Nurse Educators, we prefer the candidate to be located in or near a large metropolitan area with excellent airport connections.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
Deliver educational programs regarding IVIG and SCIG both live and virtually to train and educate nurses, pharmacists, and other office staff on the proper use, handling, and administration of Grifols’ IG products
Serve as an on-demand resource for HCP customers with IG product questions
Maintain communication and integrate activities, when appropriate, with sales, account managers, and marketing
Utilize clinical expertise and natural ability to build immediate trust with HCPs through deep medical and product knowledge to build and maintain relationships with key customers
Provide educational programs to patient advocacy groups in the fields of CIDP and PIDD
Assist with the clinical training of new and experienced sales representatives
Independently plan and organize activities to ensure regular and consistent coverage of the territory according to a plan of action and dependent on each customer’s needs
Ensure full compliance with rules, regulations, and Grifols policies
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing
- Requires an RN with 8 years’ experience and a minimum of 5 years direct IVIG infusion experience (preferred in at least 2 different care settings)
- Ability to travel up to 80%.
- Immunoglobulin certification (IgCN) or Qualified to take the certification exam (Must become IgCN certified within 60 days of employment and maintain certification.)
- Good working knowledge of all IgNS protocols, and IV and Sub Q administration of Ig.
- Practical clinical experience in at least 2 care settings (hospital, home health, infusion suite, etc) is preferred.
- Excellent IV skills and ability to educate HCPs and patients about IG therapy.
- Excellent communication skills and public speaking ability.
- Excellent presentation skills and previous experience in clinical education preferred
Work is performed in an office environment with exposure to electrical office equipment. Frequently sits for 6-8 hours per day. Frequent hand movement of both hands with the ability to make fast, simple, movements of the fingers, hands, and wrists. Occasionally walks and stands. Occasionally bends and twists neck. Light to moderate lifting and carrying objects with a maximum lift of 25lbs. Frequently drives to site locations with frequent air travel within the United States. Able to communicate information and ideas so others will understand; with the ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken and written words and sentences. Interacts with others, relates sensitive information to diverse groups. Must work with diverse groups to obtain consensus on issues.