After the completion of this activity, the participant should be able to:
- Describe the reasons why healthcare providers are in need of self-care and coworker support.
- Describe the basic foundation of a self-care and coworker support model called Stress First Aid (SFA).
- Describe different types of situations in which it would be appropriate to use each SFA action.
- Explain why Checks must be performed continuously and often for every member of the organization.
- Describe potential strategies and actions for performing the core actions of SFA.
Patricia Watson, MD
Nursing 1 contact hour
ACPE 1 contact hour
1 IgCN® / IgCP® Recertification Units